Monday, March 14, 2011

Most Frustrating Thing...

I have enjoyed my week. We went to a district meeting in Skovda, which is where Russell Maxwell (Austin's dad's cousin) first served, I believe... Then we went on splits to Jonkopping and then on to Karlstad. I am again in Skovda today for a zone activity in Goteborg, I think... then a district meeting tomorrow followed by splits, we travel so much, it takes up a lot of time!

I have not heard or seen anything about St. Patrick's Day here so I don't think that is a holiday they celebrate here. I don't think that the time has changed here, at least not yet. I will ask someone about when the time changes, that will be a good way to contact someone!

We all actually have keys to the church buildings here, that is where we go to use computers. They are free and not being used, plus we use the building for other stuff too.

(Christian asked Austin to include in his letter a favorite meal from the week) I have had several dishes that I think Christian would really enjoy. First, and only one this week, the potato boat. Make some mashed potatoes, take a hot dog (better if it is a good brat / sausage) and slice it lengthwise but don't cut all the way through, like a hot dog bun. Then pile the mashed potatoes on top, just pile them on, the more the better. Then put some cheese on top of that, then put it in the oven to cook until the cheese is melted and the hot dog is done cooking. You can add ketchup, mustard and bbq sauce if desired. Enjoy! Oh, and when eating like a Swedish person you must have the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right so you never have to set either down...

I only have a couple of minutes before I have to go catch a train. We got 6 new investigators last week and have some baptisms coming up too. We have some investigators that know what we teach is true but they still have to commit to baptism. I have found that the most frustrating thing of all is when they know it is right but don't want to take the step yet.

The power of prayer is amazing. Miracles are all around us and we can do amazing things with the Lord's help.

I love you all, have a great week!
Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment