Monday, July 18, 2011

All is Well!

There are many families in this ward who are taking very good care of us. I am really loving this ward and looking forward to meeting more of them. I have had a lot of meals and the people are amazing! It is cool having dinners in Swedish and talking with them. I am still having to learn a lot more, I need to talk more but it is coming. I am understanding a lot better and beginning to really think in Swedish at times. I am able to speak a lot better Swedish after I can switch my mind to Swedish as well. It is a lot of fun.

Some of the families here have mothers from Britain and so they speak English with us. It is really cool and they are always super happy, bubbly people! It is awesome. Plus, British is always fun to listen to!

Families we have eaten with: Malms, Rassmussons, Robayos, Thorns, Lingefors, and several others (sorry, I can't remember the names right now). When I was eating dinner with the Thorn family, they talked a lot about Oregon and how much they missed it... Then they took us and showed us pictures for their trip to Oregon two years ago. I saw pictures of the Brownells, the Bairds and there was even a picture of Maryanne Thelin. Brother/Bishop Baird was the missionary that taught Sister Thorn. It was really cool. We also saw pictures of Multnomah Falls, Pacific City, the huge dune, and Moe's!! as well as haystack rock. It was really fun being able to see pictures of Oregon, to be there again - sort of!

Contacting is going great, we figured out a new approach. It is a lot of fun. I am having a great time and getting good at talking to people and getting them to open up a little. Yesterday I talked to a person who was not interested... he said if there was a chance to make his life better he would just walk by it, he doesn't want a better life. It's sad.

Well, I have to go. We are headed to Goteborg for a zone activity and the conference tomorrow! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment