Monday, September 12, 2011

The Work is Great!

The work is going great! I love serving with Elder Kundis, he is a great guy, and wants to be effective in our work! I have had a great time with him so far. We are beginning to get to know the area really well and we are finding our investigators, teaching and looking forward to baptism here in Linkoping!

Sunday, yesterday, was great. We had Branch Conference and there were about 15 people from the stake who came to talk to us. It was great to have our little chapel filled! I am so excited for the future of this branch! Almost every talk was about making Linkoping a ward, that we are ready, and what we need to be doing to make it happen. The best part was that I have been having the feeling that Linkoping is ready, the Elders before us said that as they were leaving, and the branch president as well as all of the ward leadership is focus on growth! It is incredible!

I am loving Linkoping and loving the branch. I am getting more confident again with my Swedish and trying to not rely too much on my companion. I am trying to become more confident, to continue to learn and to grow. I am excited to be in a smaller branch because i get to know all the members personally and I will get a lot of Swedish practice. I will also get to really take part in the work of finding, teaching and baptizing that is going to be happening!

I am loving being on a bike because I feel healthier and I am getting into better shape. It is also really nice to be out in the fresh air, not stuck on the dirty, worn down buses or waiting at bus stops with all of the smokers, though that was always a good place to start some conversations. Overall, I am having a great time and I am loving the experience and growth. It is so much fun being a missionary!

I love being a missionary and there are so many blessings that come with it! I love studying the scriptures, the meaning that it has now! I know that the scriptures are full of light and knowledge for us. I am learning that many of the deepest and most rich of all doctrines are based in the simple truths, the Atonement, the Love of God, and His Plan for all us us. I know this church is true, I know that my Father in Heaven loves me very much and wants me to be as happy as possible. I want to help others to see that, that is why I am here in Sweden after all!

Love,
Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment