Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome to Linkoping!

Well, the new area is great so far! It is great to be able to have a change of scenery and people. I am starting to get to know a bit of it, though Elder Kundis and I have a lot more exploring to do before the city will be fully usable. Ha ha! We are both new here, so it is a lot of fun! I can tell you that we have already been blessed - we haven't gotten lost yet! And we are on bikes! I love the bikes, one speed, old and no shocks at all!! It is great, I have really enjoyed the new challenge and opportunity to work out.

I really enjoyed getting to know the branch, though we had to leave right after the closing prayer to get on a train to go to Stockholm for a music concert to sing! It was a crazy day. We got back this afternoon. I did get to get up and introduce myself and bear my testimony at church yesterday. I am still terrified and get nervous when I have to get in front of people! It is hard... the sad part was that this is a small branch again, so there is not the same excuse! There were probably about 20 people yesterday, most of which are older, but there were also a lot of youth in younger families which brought a lot more umph and life into the branch. This week we had a full three hour block, supposedly this was the first week that they have had a full three hour block. Linkoping is bigger than my last areas, by quite a bit, though the branch is smaller. I love the branch and the opportunity this will be to learn and to grow. We get to translate the meeting/class into English for some of the members who are still trying to learn Swedish / only speak English! It is going to be an incredible transfer!

My companion, Elder Kundis, is great. I love Elder Kundis! He was in my district when I arrived in Sweden! Now I get to be his companion and learn from him about the work! I am excited to see and learn more about him. He is from Great Falls, Montana, going to BYU, has a great singing voice, can play piano and guitar both pretty well and is great at Swedish! He is basically just awesome. He is a lot of fun and there never is a boring moment with him around. I will update more as I learn more! Oh, and he has a blog too!

I love the new mission president and the opportunity I have to learn about another person and to learn about the traits and characteristics that he has which I can learn and use to be a better person and missionary! I am excited to be able to see him more, to learn and be diligent!

The new branch and area is incredible! We are working on finding out who our investigators are and who the missionaries were working with. They did not keep any records here since the beginning of this year! It is going to be interesting and a new start almost! It is going to be a lot of work, but at the same time there is a lot that is ready to happen, and in some ways this could be a really, really good turn of events! I just need to roll up my sleeves and get to work!

Have an amazing week, have fun and don't forget to smile!

Love you!
Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment