Monday, June 18, 2012

My New Area is Great!


I am very excited for Christian to come out on his mission and join the troops! The MTC is a lot different than when I was there, but the missionaries that come out of it are many times more prepared and ready to do the work, it is incredible! I bet there will be last minute packing, and that in the end all will be well. I know that he will do great!

I actually had dinner with a lady last night who says that she grew up as best friends with Sister Mayo, here in the ward! The member actually lives in Västerhanninge, but is serving in Hägersten as a missionary. It was really cool, and the world is so small!!! I will watch for her!
 This Friday here is Midsommar afton, so we will be having a big party/ celebration! There will also be a 5K race that I get to run! It is going to be a great day. All the members from both Stockholm stakes, and all the missionaries gather to the same place! It is going to be a great day. I am super excited. I am also really glad that I am here in Stockholm. It is the best place to be!   
My new area is great! Close to Stockholm, so everything is bigger and transportation is much better! There are a lot more huge apartment buildings, and coded entries...   I don't like the codes at all! The area is ready for a lot of work though! It is going to be great. I had a great day Saturday, and Sunday was awesome. Hägersten is a ward, there were about 60 in church I believe! Though there are at least 250 less actives... so a lot of work!
The 4-man is a lot of fun. We have a lot of figuring out to do, like how we want to do the work, cooking, members (it is one ward for us four), and such! It is going to be interesting this week, but in the end all will be awesome! I am guessing that in a month or so that the area will be cut to one companionship again. Meaning that the others leave... President Newell is not particularly a fan of the 4-man! There are two bedrooms, and the apartment is actually the biggest we have! It is very very nice! I have not gotten to visit either of the temples since last time in the Copenhagen. I will try to visit the Stockholm temple soon, it is in the district, so it is the perfect opportunity! Plus, Elder Ouimette has not been there yet!
Elder Ouimette comes from SLC. He loves to run, and was actually a very good Cross-country runner in high school! We are running and training for Friday... (not much prep, but better than nothing!) It is interesting coming into the area, but Elder Ouimette is very good and an awesome missionary already! I am going to do all I can to help him, and to learn from him! We are planning on miracles! It is going to be a great transfer and a lot of going to happen. It is awesome!

So, this week I have learned through experience, that when we really do what we can, we will be blessed beyond what we think is literally possible! Since getting in the area Saturday afternoon, that evening actually, we got five teaches on the streets and subway, and a positive new investigator! It was incredible, and the goal is to continue, and do even more! The success did not come because of our actions, but our willingness to act. It was not us that made everything happen, but God blessing us for trying! People just came to us it seemed! I love being a missionary! I love being a trainer already, it feels as though I am being the one taught! I love it and am so super excited to see what the Lord is going to do with the area here! I know the church is true, I love being a missionary, and I know we are blessed when we do all that we can!

I love you all! Have a great week!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment