Monday, August 20, 2012

That is just the coolest thing ever!

(Austin's brother, Christian, is leaving the MTC for Bulgaria this week.  I am including part of his message to Christian because it shows his feelings about being a missionary. )

You will find that the closer you get to Sofia, the more people are going to start speaking Bulgarian! And, there are going to be a ton of people looking at you and reading your tag! Learn to love it, and be proud of the name you wear!

(Now on to the rest of his letter!)

Last week we had dinner with the Peterson family.  The Peterson dinner was very good, they are a really good family. I enjoy getting to be with/ around and working with them! (Brother Peterson is from Oregon!!!!)

 I had a great teach last night with a member. We talked a lot about the difference between Character and Personality or the who we are vs how we act. It was a discussion that all were having, and I just sat and listened. When it came time for the spiritual thought we went off the discussion and talked about how the who is very important, as well as the how we act. BUT most important, at least in my mind, is WHY?  Why do I do things, what is my reason? Do I do what I do because of Charity? Is it greed? Do I want to look good? Or do I want to help someone else? When we can focus on that, the rest should follow, shouldn't it? I mean, if I can always focus on Charity, I don't think I would lie, I wouldn't try to deceive anyone for sure! There is not the focus on self, on image, or anything, just on them. I thought that was really cool. And, it went with my thoughts last week as well, that God isn't working for himself. WE are HIS work! God loves us! That is just the coolest thing ever!

I love being a missionary, I get to just think about all these things all day! It is the best! I love serving others, and I hope that I can make a difference. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful that I can be forgiven, and be clean through His sacrifice! I know that He loves me very, very much. Find the light, there is nothing else.

I love you all!

Love,
Äldste Maxwell


No comments:

Post a Comment