Monday, August 13, 2012

It has really, really been a fast week!

It has really, really been a fast week. I feel as though I were sitting here just the day before yesterday and was writing you! but, no... I just don't know what happens to the time. It was not even that exciting of a week work wise. But, I did get to eat cow tongue, it was really good actually... though I stayed away from the ''skin''. It was too similar to my own tongue to think of eating that part. I had it with fufu. Fufu is an African dish, mashed potatoes mixed with potato flour, so it is gummy... and you pull off pieces (we were of course eating with our hands...), dip in the sauce, and swallow! (Notice: do not chew!) it was hard to not chew... and swallow! Wow, but it was a great experience! Ha ha, and that was probably one of the most exciting things that happened this week. Besides, possibly, the Gypsy man that tried to sell me and my comp drugs! It was a good week... the day that we were talked to by the Gypsies, we were also talked to by 4 other drunk people, including a drunk Jehovah's witness that was telling us how she was not as active as she wanted to be, and that she wanted to go back to church more! It was a crazy day! ha ha.   I love my mission! 

Christian, congrats on making it through the MTC! It is only better in the field! You will have real investigators, real people, and real concerns. There will be situations that arise which you never even thought would be possible! But, all is possible for us. God is with us, He will be with you. Do all that you are asked, and be happy! And, you will see lives change! I am excited for the people of Bulgaria!

Well, I feel as though I have already said some... but this I do want to say:  The work I do, the work we do as missionaries and members (for every member should be a missionary!) is a work of love. In Moses 1:39  (For behold, this is my work and my glory —to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.),  we learn that God's work is our salvation. In John 3:16 (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.), we learn again that God's work is our salvation but, we also learn the how and the why. I feel that often we talk of the how... but I also like to focus on the why. How: The Atonement, we are saved only through and by our Savior, Jesus Christ. Why: Love, more specifically Charity (the pure love of Christ)! God loves us sooooo much! And that is why He sent His son. In the world people work to get money, fame, a car, you know, worldly things. God, he works for us! He only wants our joy and strength. I know this is true, and that is why I am here. I know that God loves me, I have found that in my life! I just want others to have it too! That is why we serve! Love -  What better cause is there?

Share the love, pass the light, and be strong! I love being a missionary, I love you all! Have a great week!

Love ya!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment