Monday, November 12, 2012

We have had a good week!

We have had a good week, it has been challenging, but exciting and super awesome! I hope to have more weeks like this that follow! I am super excited! First, early in the week we got some snow again! Then, on a clear night we got to see the dancing lights of the North! I will try to attach some of the pictures I got... not to many of the pictures were super good... and it was hard, the lights really move/dance and change quickly! (Plus, each good picture took 4 minutes to take!    Anyways, I hope you enjoy! They were incredible! I hope to see them again before I go! Like I said, the pictures were not the best... I will try to get more!

The Northern Lights - you can see a little bit of the green light at the bottom.

French is coming along! Two days ago we were at a wedding, there were a lot of people there we are teaching, and a lot of them speak French as well! There was one man in particular that I got to talk to who was really interested, and surprised that I could speak French! (When we came in to the reception, we were shown to a table, and the guy leading us we had taught before (in French) so he was talking in French, and one of the others we walked past was really surprised! He came and talked with me later, hopefully we get to teach him too!) So, all in all my French is far from perfect, but I can teach and be understood! It is a miracle and amazing! I love it!

Investigators are making progress, we have some baptismal dates, but need more of our investigators coming to church! I hope that we can continue to find more and teach! As well as that they come to church, because that is really important!

Weather is less desirable, though warmer! I would much rather have snow right now than a lot of rain and soggy and wet... cold is easy to fix, wet is easy too, but takes more time, and just gets annoying! (I still love the rain, just not for missionary work! ) There is no snow now... hoping for more, but we will see! Here the sun sets at like 3.30, dark dark by four... I remember yesterday my companion was antsy to get out of the church, he was thinking it was like five or six! (it was 2.00! ) When it is cloudy here it is just dark the whole time! 
We were teaching an investigator last night, and we got to the topic of how to find true happiness, which lead to giving to others. The investigator brought up a really good point, when you feel like you are in need of something, or want to get something, you must first give it away! If you want to have money, give to someone else. If you want more food, give to others! If you want to be loved, you must first love! If you want to be happy, make someone else happy. Everything that is lasting and truly important will come from inside... and giving is how we know that we really already have! If we want to feel loved, we must love others. As we do so, we realize, and feel the love from within, from our Father above. I really like this thought and it rang true to me. As we give of ourselves, it is not that we are dividing what we have, but multiplying it for others! We do not need to fear poverty, hunger, hatred, or anything! We have the promise of God, that we will be given all that we need as we do all that has been asked of us. I know that I will never be lacking when I turn myself to the Lord. I know that He loves me and knows my needs, and I know that everything will be well when I focus on Him!

I love being a missionary. I love this work and the time I have here to give to others, the opportunity to share what I have, and to learn more about myself, my faith, and my strength. I love the gospel, it is so pure, and true! It brings joy to every person who will give it a chance. I know my Savior lives, and I know that He is pleased with the work I am doing. Go and do. Others will see and follow. Learn, love, live, and invite! Have a great week, and do a little more! I will be doing the same.

Love you all!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment