Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Still an Answer

This week we had Grens Konferens (branch conference). It was amazing! First, we filled the chapel, I believe about half were people from the stake but it was still awesome! (and it was 2 1/2 hours) I loved it! I don't know if it is just because I am biased or anything but most of what they talked about was missionary work as a branch, to find people. And temples, I really miss the temple already... Overall, the spirit was powerful and the fact that there were people made it even better. It was a lot nicer being able to have a lot of people to sing!

So, this past week we spent most of our time with less actives and trying to get a hold of all of our investigators...I don't know why people try to avoid us, it just makes it hard on them when they see us around! They get all guilty looking and try to get away again as soon as possible! Not the way to live. Anyways, last week I had good food, made banana crumb muffins, they are really good. My companion doesn't like bananas either so...I had to eat them all.

Yesterday, after Grens Konferens, we had dinner with most of the branch and stake people. Good food, nice people, and Nicholas got his temple recommend! He is going on his mission soon, it is all really exciting. Then we went to try to get a hold of some of our investigators in Skoghall, no one was there or just didn't want to talk to us... we went back to Karlstad and tried talking to people...no one was very interested. I decided that I would contact the next people we met on our side of the street. I saw a couple walking down the street, contacted them and they were really nice but not interested. They continued to talk with us for a couple minutes though, asked some questions, and asked a little about us (they could tell we were foreigners). They asked how long we had been in Sweden, and when I answered they didn't believe it! That made my day! They didn't think it was possible that I could know so much Swedish in that time! I told them that we get a lot of help. They asked some questions about the church and then continued on their way. They didn't want to meet again, but that was still an answer for me. I felt like Heavenly Father had sent them to help me. It was reassurance that my efforts are paying off, that I am able to communicate, and that I am doing what He wants me to do. I am so grateful that little things like that happen, that I can know someone above really, really loves me. I know that He is there, that He does want to help me, to help everyone and will make sure we are taken care of.

I am glad that I am here to serve and to continue to learn. I have had great examples in my life and I want to make sure that I fill my potential, living up to my rights and privileges as a tool and servant in the Lord's hands.

I am always amazed by the things that seem so little, but can mean so much to others. I love smiling at the Swedish people. There are very few that smile, so when I smile at someone and say "Hi", I get quite a variety of responses, from confusion, ecstatic smiles and happy reply - to those that push it away, avoid eye contact, and do not respond. The smiles back are my favorite, especially when mixed with surprise! It is cool to watch someone change from gloomy to happy and full of energy. Plus, it is easy to smile!

Thanks again for everything and all your prayers! Prayer is powerful, especially when you believe that it does make miracles happen.

Love you all!
Austin/Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment