Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No Longer a Greenie!

All is great, yesterday was definitely exciting waiting for president to call with our transfer information. I am staying in Karlstad and getting a new companion. Aldste Rice... I think that is how it is spelled. I am super excited, first, I am no longer a greenie! Second, I get a new companion. Third, well, I am really starting to love the people here! I am finally learning my way around Karlstad and getting to know the people, plus we are getting some people who are really positive.

Swedish is becoming a lot easier to understand and I am beginning to develop my vocabulary. Still working on pronunciation in conversation, but I have a bit more time to work on it.

I get my new companion tomorrow. As I will be staying in Karlstad, I will most likely not be on a bike.... I still have not even seen a missionary bike. Transportation by bus here is a lot more affective, and is very good... So that is what we use the majority of the time - that, trains or little tram things in Goteborg.

Last Friday was Valborg, a holiday to basically do spring cleaning and begin yard work from what I understood. They have bonfires and help each other clean, of course, it is more of an excuse to get drunk. It is hard to talk to people when they are drunk.

This week was a lot of fun, we had our last district meeting before the transfers, that was fun but a little sad. It was also the most interesting so far... Elder Chipman was in charge of the activity, he brought some Chinese treat from one of their investigators... It was a bunch of little packets with .... guess first.... duck tongues!! So, he gave us a packet each and said, enjoy!! proceeding to open his, put it in his mouth, take some pictures and then eat it!!! I thought that was absolutely disgusting... especially when I found out there were bones and tendons and such which you can eat but don't have to if you don't want. I watched him and then our district leader eat them, then I opened my packet took out one tongue, gave it to Elder Lindford, and then took out another for me! Got people ready with my camera - and took a bite! It was not too bad, ...until I got a little bone... but I did eat duck tongue... I did not eat the whole thing, just the softer fleshy front part, not the sinews and tendons in the back.... That was exciting.

I had a great week, I think that every week of service is amazing! I am always amazed when I think about the day and all that has happened - how much we really are blessed! I have loved every day here, they have been challenging and a trial at times, but those are the times when we grow the most, right? I love missionary work! I love to see the changes that it can bring to people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment