Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Quarter - completed!

I don't feel like I have been gone that long yet!!! It is really weird to think that it is a forth over, I really just hope that I am doing what I need to now, and that I will continue to do better so I will be able to help some of these people, my brothers and sisters. It is sad to see good people turn away this blessing without even giving it a try or even a chance.

It really is a roller coaster of an experience, there are those days where everything is amazing, there are several teaches, people listen and we meet with investigators who are doing well! Then there are those days and weeks where nothing seems to go right, everyone stops listening, they do not want to meet, we get blasted by investigators. But it is amazing what follows after. Overall, this is the best experience of my whole life and I only hope to be able to feel like this my whole life, to feel God with me, supporting me, teaching me and guiding me every step of the way. I am so glad to be a servant of the Lord and pray that I am able to fill the role that He has for me.

Yes, I have been well taken care of and fed. We usually have 1 dinner a week. Other than that we have plenty to live off of, and then a little so I can splurge and get a baguette for lunch every once in a while! The Nilsson family is great, they are like family away from home. I have really enjoyed getting to know them. They are now on vacation though, but others in the branch also continue to give us food and we visit them every once in a while. Actually this week we should have at least 3 meals! So, we are doing well and well taken care of!

Change is good, it makes life an adventure every day. There is always something new, something to experience! I like learning more about my own abilities, what I can or can't do, and making the list of cans longer, while scratching others off my can't list and putting them on a "sort of" list if not the can list. It is fun being able to surprise someone, to exceed expectation and go beyond that which is required. It is also fun learning to take what is given and make something amazing, to learn from all experiences - especially those that are challenges or disappointments.

Teaching is picking up again, it was on the slow side and people were in the "avoid missionary" mode, but now we are finding some people who seem interested in learning. As long as people want to listen, I will teach! And, when they don't really want to listen, I still try to teach! Even if it is just to be extra kind when flat out rejected! It is really fun.

The mission experience is hard to explain, to live in the service of the most powerful being in the whole universe and be trusted by Him is quite the role! It is a role that missionaries are set apart to fulfill, but ALL are called. I am learning more about how I need to live, what I need to be doing always to help people come to the light, to help the missionaries who are called to preach the restored gospel, to teach people. It is amazing seeing miracles happen. Miracles happen every day, do you see them? I know that I often miss them and only recognize it when I look back, trying to find where and how the Lord has helped me!

I don't have anything too new recipe wise. I am beginning to find that the Swedish dishes are all basically the same, though very good. It consists of meat, sas (sauce - some type of gravy) potatoes and other vegetables. You can eat them separately, mix them together, or whatever!

I met one investigator from O-vik and she knew everything about me it seemed! Come to find out, she reads my blog! It was funny. She was like, "Why are you always so happy?"

I hope you have an amazing week and that you can feel your Father's love. I am having the best time of my life, I am loving the companionship of the Spirit and learning about my Lord.

Austin/Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment