Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Transfers!


I will begin by saying that everything is hectic, I have no time today... and that I will have to reply to everyone next week. I will be pressed to get this letter to you and one off to President. Yes, this week is transfers and, according to precedent, President Newell is changing a lot! Both me and my companion are moving out of Jonkoping and Sisters are coming in to take our place... That means we had to clean the apartment especially well and that was on top of finding out that we no longer have a p-day. We have to be on a train this afternoon at 2 to go to Goteborg to pick up an Elder, to go to Stockholm, to drop off my companion and meet my new one (Elder Kundis) and go down to Linkoping (on Wednesday). I am excited to be with Elder Kundis, he was in my district when I first got here in Sweden.

School has already started here! I hope everyone back home is excited for school to start. Summer is pretty much gone here now. It is starting to cool down really fast and raining a lot more! I am getting pretty lucky though, it seems that every time that we go outside is stops raining! I am trying to be a better missionary, I have learned a lot about what I can and should be doing. This next transfer is going to really be full of change and growth! I am sad to be leaving Jonkoping because it was such a great area and the people are so kind. I loved learning about the people here and getting to know what it is like to be in a big ward. I have heard that the branch in Linkoping is small, but it is going to be like going back to Karlstad, with a bigger city. I am excited to go out and find people and bring them into the church! It is going to be so cool to work together with Elder Kundis and to learn more about loving the people and improve my Swedish. I am sad but excited!

Yesterday, we went to a couple members houses to say goodbye. it was a really sad, but happy time! I am glad that I got to go around and see what missionaries can mean to people in the ward. It really gave me a huge desire to do more in my next ward, to get to know the people, to build relationships with them and get out of my comfort zone! I know I will have a hard time at first, but it will be good for me. I really loved visiting the Rasmusson family, they are one of my favorite families here, there are several that are just amazing! It was a huge surprise, and really cool to see that they really appreciated what we did for them. We joined them for the end of their family home evening, we gave a little lesson, and they brought out some gifts that they had made for us! It was incredible! We got cards from the little girls, Rachel and Lucy, and a card from the family. They also gave us a little teddy bear they had made into a missionary! I decided to send the pictures, it was so cool!

We also had a really exciting teach yesterday, it was a referral from a lady in Helsingborg, she met a lady on the bus, and told us to go talk to her! It was a cool teach, went well. She (Cecilia) called herself a seeker, and was really interested in religion. It was super cool. One part was a little weird, while we taught she asked some interesting questions. I think she is basically a palmist or something, she has "a special connection with spirits and God". It was apparent when she took the Book of Mormon in her hands, closed her eyes and "prayed" to ask if it was true, opened it to a random page, and started reading. I can tell you, I have never prayed so hard! But it worked, she read the final testimony of Abinidi and decided that the book was true. I could tell that she was really impressed with the Book of Mormon, and I hope that the sisters are able to help her to understand our connection with God and the Holy Ghost and bring her into the church. It was the perfect way to leave an area! Now, we have a cleanliness inspection and then a member middag (meal), before catching the train to leave!

Jonkoping will definitely be a place we will have to visit when we come back!

Love you all!
Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment