Monday, January 9, 2012

Transfers this week, oh, and a baptism.

We are having transfers this week. Elder Gygi is leaving the area and Elder Swenson is coming to take his place. I am looking forward to the upcoming transfer, and we have had a great end to this one as well! Last Saturday we had the baptismal service for Bao Lei Ming, and he was then confirmed on Sunday in sacrament meeting.

All was going well until it started, and then we began to realize all of the things we forgot, like towels, a tie for Bao, to make sure that there was a member of the branch presidency there, and such... but in the end all went well, and I learned something new! The keys to convert baptisms come through the mission president, so it is not necessary to have a member of the presidency or bishopric, just the missionaries! I did not know that one before! But as said, all went well and now we are getting ready for the move.

I am doing great, loving the work, and excited to get to work here in the area with my next companion, to really just dig in and go! I have seen some success, but there is sooo much potential here, it is great! The members are incredible, they are very nice, and they are not as scared to share with others that they meet!

I love being a missionary. Today I got to read through the missionary commission and what that says. It is such a powerful statement that rings true, for it is. As a missionary I am called of God. I have authority above that of the Kings and Rulers of lands! I have been called to preach salvation to my brothers and sisters, in a language that is foreign to me. I know that I am not alone in the work, in truth, I am not even the one who does the work. I am here to serve, to fill the place that I have been sent to fill. I am not perfect, I don't have to be. The Lord wants me to do my best, to give my all and if that is not enough, He will fill in the rest. I know that there are people around me every day that are ready. So I do my best... no, there is more that I can do. I know that I am not perfect, I know I am shy, that is something that I have to fight against everyday. I am not perfect with the language but I know that I can, with help from above, reach the hearts of those I have been sent to bring back into the fold. I know that our Savior lives, that He is real and that everything He does is for our benefit and strength. I know I have been sent here for a reason, and I know that I can and will do more! I love being a missionary!

I love you all, have a great week!
Äldste Maxwell

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts that say you can still do more. Even if we think that we are doing good, always try a little harder! It is so great to hear about the baptism and his growing testimony!

    ReplyDelete