Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Church this Sunday was very good for us here. There were some very powerful talks, and a great spirit. It is also good to have the extra excuse to remember everything that our Savior has done for us. It is always good to focus on Him. Everything else will come!

Stories this past week... well, I have not done too much new... hmmm. I have gotten a lot better at calling people on the phone... We have also done a lot of work with less actives, and we have found some really interesting people, who have had a rough time, and need something more. Even if they do not know that they really want to come back, we just happened to find their name, and called them when they needed it!

Oh, so not really related to the work we are doing, but I noticed that on this hill in the area we work, that there were these little black boxes, and the hill was taped off. Me being the "just out of geology for engineers geek", thought that the hill might be unstable and they were checking to see how stable it was... so I had to go see what was going on. When I did, my companion and I got the best laugh ever! The little boxes were boxes of rat poison! Who would have thought? Rats in this steep hillside in the center of the city! I could try to apply the story... I think I am going to actually! In life sometimes we get secure thinking that we are safe. We need to always be on watch for those areas that could be holding the rats - the temptations that if we let get out of control, well, they really get out of control! Then, we sometimes have to go to extreme measures to get rid of that problem. Nothing in this world is sure, there is nothing that will be forever, not yet! =P This life is our trial time, the time where we need to clean out the rats, fix the kinks in the line, and sort out our priorities to focus on Christ. Christ is the central part of everything, and when we can give Him the place that He deserves, we will be that much happier! Rats are tricky, they can sneak in when we are not watching, or even when we are. Don't let them stay, don't be satisfied with ''okay'', be who you are supposed to become, and never, never, never give up!

I love my mission, I love the gospel, I love being a missionary!

Love you all!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment