Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I really love Sweden!

 I am doing great. I really love Sweden.  Sweden is really a beautiful country with great scenery, kind people, who are willing to help. I really am blessed to be able to be in such a great country on my mission. I love my mission!

Today we had planned to go to Mölle and see the sights (nature) in the area. Supposedly there is a mountain that extends out into the sea. We were going to go, but Elder Dalton's bus pass ran out and we did not yet get the money advancement we need to purchase another... instead we did our shopping, got a bike tire because ours recently exploded while we were using it... and then checked awesome stores! I got a hair cutter for cheap because I really need a hair but don't want to pay for it! I figure, 2 haircuts= 1 hair clipper, = saved money! Plus, I don't have to explain how I want my hair.. (I don't know!) It has been a good and fun p-day!
Teaching was a little slower this week. We had zone conference which was incredible, but took a lot of time, and then we began to focus on the less active members more, which cut down on our time out on the streets for this week, we were calling a lot of people!

My district is incredible... not very big, but it is about as big as they get for now... It is us, and one more set of elders in Halmstad. They are all awesome, and I love them all! It is a lot of fun to serve with them! It is also very nice being a district leader because I get to help a little more in what goes on, I also get to hear more about things, though it is still often that the others in the district know more about everything than me! I get to teach more as well, and talk to people more! Our zone leaders are really awesome and I am learning a lot about being a leader.
I am really loving being a missionary. I say that a lot I know. This last week at zone conference, I had an incredible time. We talked about the plan of salvation. President and Sister Newell taught the doctrine, and the APs and Zone leaders taught how to teach and improving our skills! I also grew more as a missionary. I noticed and really began to recognize how important the little things are. President Newell had interviews with us individually, and I really learned that he thinks about me personally! He knows me, he knows about how I feel, and he let me know that he cares about me! He wants me to succeed. It was incredible! I want to be more like that, I want people to know that I care about them, I want to help, even if I do not always know I help. I don't want wealth, I don't want fame. I just want to help. I hope that as a missionary, I can learn and grow, that when I go home, I can be more like I should be! The more you know, the more you are responsible to act according to that knowledge. I love that. We are to do our best. I will do my best, and only God knows what that is. I love being a missionary! I love this work!
Have a great week out there, take time to make someone else feel better about their self this week!
Love ya!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment