Monday, September 10, 2012

I know God loves me.

Today I tried a recipe that I found in a newspaper recently. It was a Carrot Cyan Orange soup, and it was actually really good! I was quite impressed! Plus, it used up all of the carrots we had leftover... perfect!

Our week here was really good, we were kept very busy with other events... Namely a baptism for one of our investigators! It was awesome! This investigator has been an investigator for a very long time... 3 years actually! We, for a time, had a hard time getting a hold of him because of problems with family, death threats, and such... but everything calmed down, he came to church, we got a hold of him and set up a time to meet, and then when we met, set a time for the baptism... 3 days later! It was incredible... though didn't work out as well as it could have. There was very poor communication so just very poor attendance to the baptism. He is an incredible man from Mongolia, and very prepared, very humble. I am excited to continue to teach him, and help him progress to being sealed in the temple as a family a year from now! That is going to be incredible!

Love is truly the key to success in life, and a success in becoming like our Savior. the only way that we are going to forget ourselves and serve others is if we love them! Plus, investigators, or just people in general, really can tell the difference when you care about them or when you are just going through the motions. It really makes the difference! I am glad that you were able to be there for the family you were helping Mother! As you said, even knowing there is the quiet place we can go to take a break, to relax, and just calm down from the hectic chaos of the world - just knowing there is a calm place we can turn will help us through the challenges. I enjoy the quiet corners, the closets, or just still places that I can go to and just think, pray, and release the pressures of daily life. I know that God is there, that He is already waiting for me to come, and He is just happy to see me! I can't wait to go and give Him a big hug, that will be the day! But, until then, He is there, and He really does love us. I know that is true! I know God loves me.

 I am glad that I get to tell others that too! I love being a missionary!

Love you all!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment