Monday, September 3, 2012

People are ready. Are you?

I am doing great, really!  This week has been interesting, it rained a bit in the beginning of the week, so people started hiding.... we still got to talk to some, just not as many as usual! 

Thursday we had our Zone Conference, and Elder Kearon was there, he was incredible! He was funny, very nice, and he listened to us while still teaching and helping us grow!  It just made me want to get out and to do more!  I love that man!  I mean, last year was good with Elder Caussé, but this year was super awesome!!!! He focused on our need to always have a prayer in our heart, to always have an open communication with our Father in Heaven.  And, he also made it personal, he told us we would have things pop into our minds, that we needed to write down something that we were going to do to be better, and DO IT!  It was really really good.  Then, this Sunday while at church we had a new investigator show up!  We taught him, he was super positive, and we have a baptismal date with him for a week from this Saturday!  So, Hålla tummarna! Fast Sundays are always the best!  It is just incredible! 

The languages are coming along good... Struggling a little in Persian and Arabic right now, but that is not too bad... ha ha... Lets see... Добро утро! (Dobro utro, right Christian? =S )  Really though, Swedish is doing great, and I keep running into French people now!  There have been two French girls that I have gotten talk to this week, I don't know how or why!  But, it seems that I am to speak more French!  Fun, fun, fun! 

Christian, keep it up and have fun!  Do everything you are asked to do!  And, when your trainer gives you chances to get better, to learn, take them!  Don't be afraid of anything! Those were some of the things I have learned!  And, have fun at the game!  Talk to everyone you can while you are there!  You never know who the next person will be!  (You can read Christian's mission blog at: servinginbulgaria.blogspot.com)



The Lord is preparing people all around us every day, people are ready.  Are you?  That is a question I ask myself quite a bit, because it helps me to find where I can be better, and how I can improve.  I know that as I try to help others, forget myself and get to work that I will be shaped to be who the Lord needs.  I know that the point is to forget myself.  And then, I know I will find myself and I will find Joy.  Sometimes it seems backwards, follow commandments to be free?  Forget myself?  Plus, it is hard!  But I know that it is true.  I know that it works.  Sometimes I have learned the hard way, making a mistake, and paying for it.  I know the Lord strengthens and is waiting to lift us up.  The Lord will always qualify him whom He has called.  I hope that I am open and ready to be.  I love being a missionary.  I love the Lord and I know that this is His church. 

Love you all, have a great week!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment