Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Changing!

It is changing colors here, leaves are falling, it is getting really cold really fast and the sun does not stay up very long... though I really doubt that it is a beautiful here as in New York right now. Not that Sweden isn't pretty, it really is! It is just not filled with so many trees that are changing and not at the same time either! It was supposed to be at freezing last night.... I wouldn't know, I was asleep! I do miss a good soup, especially your soups... they were really, really good... I miss having a good kitchen, a good assortment of ingredients and the time to make good food!

Oh, that reminded me! We found Ben and Jerry's on sale and so we got some... I got "Phish Food" just for you!!! I also enjoyed it! Sorry, I don't think it would have worked out too well if I had tried to share....

My week was really good. We had Zone conference on Tuesday, I learned a lot of things that I was able to change in how I do the work and I feel like I am starting to do better every day! It is really cool. I got to go to Stockholm again today for football...one last hurrah at least before the snow comes... then we will play in the snow! Less often and less intense, I am sure! And then, as we were leaving, I got my package! Yea!

Joseph, the ward mission leader, is incredible. He is a really good teacher and understands how to help people understand. I really love being able to teach people with him every once in a while! It is really cool.

"Transfers" died. We do not have official transfer days anymore... so, I can be transfered at any time. There will still be transfers when new missionaries come to the mission, but there are also transfers in between when President Newell feels inspired to move someone. So, new missionaries come about every 9 weeks... usually, I heard that one is coming next week... a Finn. It is super cool...more exciting, though a lot harder to plan for! I have been here for 6 weeks, so we have another three before big changes will happen.

Teaching is great... I had several teaches in Swedish that went incredibly well! I really felt the spirit, was lead in what I should say, and I feel like I was able to touch the hearts of those who I talked to. I am getting better at my fluency and working on my vocabulary and pronunciation every day. I love Swedish, it is a great language. I love being lead to people, and to what I need to say to help people be able to understand the beauty and truthfulness of the plan that our Father in Heaven has for us. I love feeling the spirit bear witness to those that we teach, and seeing them speechless and even in tears because of the spirit that testifies to their very spirit.

I know this is the true church, there is none other. I know that the plan that we have is a guide to happiness in both this life on Earth and in the life to come. Our Father in Heaven loves every single one of us so much and will do all that He can to help! I love teaching, I love learning, I love the Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ and that I can be better because He is willing to take my sins so that I can be clean! I love that! There is nothing more sweet or desirable, as said in the tree of life vision. This I know, and it is what I teach.

I love you all, have a great week!!!

Love,
Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment