Monday, October 10, 2011

Unfathomable!

I can't believe that it is already October and that it is already the second week! That is unfathomable! The time really does fly and i don't think I like it too much right now, I want a little more time here!!!

Everyone is getting sick right now! It is insane, there were about six people who were sick Sunday (and in a small branch that is HUGE!) ... Elder Kundis started getting it a little, i am doing all that I can to avoid it, so yeah. I remember when everyone in the family was getting the stomach flu, that was bad, but I made it through without getting sick! I love grape juice!!!

Jonathan is really growing up fast, i can't really see him passing the sacrament, but at the same time I can! It probably doesn't help that the past two weeks Karl-Arne has passed it here. He is about 90 ... almost blind and deaf. Great guy! Jonathan will do a great job and he is going to be a great geakon. Ha Ha! I am going to miss it!

Since when was I old enough to be turning 20? It is really hard to get my mind around it too! Elder Kundis' b-day is 10 days before mine! I think we are going to have some party as a district! It is going to be great! He is turning 21. He is really old! he he

I love it when we are in the right place at the right time. I love seeing how our Father in heaven really does put people in the places where we are to help us or to help them. Just this morning as I was doing my studies, I began reading in the Liahona, the article that I started reading was a good article but it was incredible for me because it was an answer to my prayers. I had studied earlier in my mission about the topic of the article and voiced my findings but my companion disagreed. I decided to be quiet about it and dried to share it later with another companion, again, not accepted. Then, as I was reading, the general authority said exactly the same thing that I had found in my studies! I am glad that I was able to find my answer, to know that I was correct and not making up false doctrine while I studied.

I am thankful for the Lord's guidance, comfort and love for all his children. I know that it is not important that I was right, but it is good to be reassured that I do know what I am doing when I study, that the answers I find are from my Father in Heaven and that I can know that I am lead by the Spirit to find truth.

I love this work and the opportunity it gives me to expand my knowledge, to grow as a missionary, to become who the Lord wants me to be for the rest of my life! I love being able to listen to the prophets of our day, to seek learning and guidance from God to what I need to be focusing on, and how I need to be improving. I love being able to serve in whatever area I am called, to know that I am needed here and that this is where i am supposed to be right now. I love the knowledge that I have, that I am called to share it with those that are seeking, and to bring them to Christ. I know as Ammon says in Alma 26, that I am nothing. I boast not of myself, but of my God and the mighty power that is His to deliverance of all mankind from the pains and suffering of death and sin. I know the church is true. I know I am doing what I need to right now, and I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Love you all!
Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment