Friday, November 18, 2011

Nothing too exciting...!

This is all I have time for today, sorry!

Nothing too exciting has happened recently. This morning I stole my bike. That was interesting... Yesterday it was not where I had left it in front of the travel center. So, we looked around a little bit and found it locked to another bicycle on the other side of the buses! So, I did what I could to make sure that they (whoever moved and locked my bike with another) did not take it. I then returned home for the night. This morning, I went out and had to cut the lock off my bike so I could take it back home and put it away for the winter! So, I stole a bike, my bike, this morning. Hopefully I will be forgiven for that. I would not steal it back if they would not have taken it in the first place!

On a more missionary note... this week has been good. We have been doing a lot of tracting and contacting. As we teach and help our investigators to progress, we continue to try and find more who will listen to the message we have to share with them! As tracting goes, usually it does not have too much positive effect on the work, but as we were out knocking doors and using the Book of Mormon to begin talking to people, we found more people who would talk, and we were able to teach about the Book of Mormon, and answer questions that they had. Several invited us to come back a day or two later, some of which were also not there when we returned, but that is the work. Even tonight we have an appointment to go and talk to one of them we talked to. He was quite interested to learn about the Book of Mormon and I am excited to talk to him and begin teaching.

The Lord know us as missionaries, He know the people that we need to teach. As we are ready and prepared to teach, when we have become what we need to be, we will find those who are ready and as we teach we will be led and strengthened to be able to best help these children, our brothers and sisters, to come back to our Father who loves us so very, very much. I know that people are being prepared everywhere. I know that I am being prepared and I know that when I am ready, I will be given the strength to fulfill my call, to be the missionary that I am meant to be. Daily opportunities are presented to learn and to grow, to be better and better. I know the Lord lives, that He loves me and that He is my strength. I love being a missionary. I love the work. I love you all and hope that your weeks are incredible and filled with the love of our Father who is in Heaven.

Aldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment