Monday, November 28, 2011

A Note About Dryer Hugs

At our house we give dryer hugs. (It is a wonderful tradition, not sure how it got started but we all love it.) When a batch of laundry with towels is done drying, I yell out, "Who wants a dryer hug?" and they come running, big and small. A fresh, warm towel is then wrapped around their shoulders with a hug. It is a delightful tradition that I highly recommend to everyone!

When Austin was in the MTC, he discovered that he could give himself a dryer hug on P-day and it helped him feel closer to home.

Well, on Monday morning, I dreamed that I gave Austin a dryer hug. I have been missing him and just wanting to be able to give him a hug so it was a very sweet dream. Since it was email day, I quickly sent him an email to let him know that I had sent him a dryer hug.

Here is Austin's response: hey, funny story... This morning as I finished my laundry, I got my dryer hug from you! It was probably the very moment that you dreamed it as well!!! So, thank you! I remember getting out the towel, wrapping it around me and saying, "thanks, Mom", in my head! I loved it, I am never far from home! So, thank you again for the hug!

I am so thankful I got to hug my missionary!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment