Monday, February 20, 2012

I Love the Work!

I am glad that I am able to spread a little of the joy that I feel as I follow the spirit, the rules and the Savior in being a missionary. I love being a missionary. The challenges are some of the best parts because they are an opportunity for me to show that I am able to grow, that I will sacrifice and that I am willing to give for what I know to be true!

Here in Sweden things are great! At least here in Skåne! It is starting to look and feel like spring! There are flowers blooming, the snow is almost all gone, and the sun is out and everything is warming up! It is a beautiful day!

The work is still slow, we are still looking for people, but we are spending a lot of our time with less active members and helping them to come back and be active again! It is not exactly the focus, but it is. We are to help others to come unto Christ! Sometimes that means taking the time to find the sheep that has wandered.

I know that before my mission I was a terrible member missionary. I never did everything that I should have, I was not as outgoing as I could have, and should have reached out more to others around me. But, I will not be the same when I get home. I want to do my part to help the missionaries! It is crazy, I never realized how much I am supposed to do as a member! But this I know, that members have an incredible power and capability to help us to find teach and baptize. They are the friends, the support and the introduction, the missionaries just teach and prompt to make progress, it is really the members in a specific branch that make growth of active members! Missionaries move, change, and move on. Members are always going to be there! So, members, work with your missionaries, get to know them, love them, and invite your friends to talk to them! Missionaries, get to know your members, serve them and do what you are supposed to do so members will trust you with their friends! Love the work, grow and serve!

I know because I have seen it in the work, everything is better when you follow the rules, when you do all that you can to be obedient, and you love the Lord. I know I am not perfect, I know there is more that I can do, and I am going to do all I can to be better, be that missionary the Lord KNOWS that I can be! I love being a missionary! I love the Work!

I love you all and hope that you have an incredible week!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment