Monday, May 7, 2012

I Love this Work!

I am excited for next Sunday and being able to see all of your smiling faces!  It is also very possible that we will have some transfer information I get to share then!!!

The weeks are really flying by!  I can't believe how fast they go!  It is crazy!  

No, I have not had any trouble with my name... just recently one of our investigators started calling me Maximus, but that was just because he can't remember my name! Everyone in the church knows my name... they just always ask if I am related to him! (Elder Neal A. Maxwell)
I think Swedish is a lot like English... the words anyways, you can listen and pick out cognates very easily!  Though they say them funny sometimes!  I don't have to translate in my head anymore, it just
makes sense!  I do have to translate a little when talking so I say the right thing!  I do dream in Swedish every once in a while, it is fun, but weird!  I realize that I dream in many languages!  I am pretty sure that I will be speaking some swengelska when I get home!  Especially quick phrases we use all the time!

Those Maxwell/Thornton crying genes are a killer!  They are really powerful too!  I am sure that Jonathan really had a great testimony.  There was a young man in the ward here that bore his testimony and cried too, he was 15, and 6' 3'' or something like that... but he really had a powerful testimony. It is hard to be a youth in Sweden and live with standards, I am very impressed with their strength and faith in the Lord.

Enjoy every minute of every day!  I will.  There is no better way to live than happily!  This week was good, we have worked hard and gone out to meet less actives, though not always as effective as we would hope, they are bringing success and the Lord is blessing us with success.  It is really fun seeing that as we do our best, do our part, the Lord really fills in the gaps and makes everything worth it!  Just yesterday we were on our way to a member dinner, we were waiting for a bus, and a man walked up.  He was very drunk.  I started talking with him anyways, he was staring at us a lot, so I figured I might as well!  He has had a hard life and a lot of hard times, he was also really
sad because his son has been in prison for 6 ½  years, and he blames himself.  He really wanted to change, we talked, taught, and testified.  He cried, he apologized, and I hope that he really felt
something through all the alcohol.  I hope that he remembers, but even then, I know that I learned more about myself, about how strong my faith in the Savior is, and that no matter what happens, all will be well.  I know that my Savior lives, that He loves me.  I know that I can be forgiven of everything I have and will do wrong.  I know that this is the only way to happiness and peace. I love sharing that! 

I love being a missionary, and I love this work!

Love you all!  I look forward to talking with you all this Sunday!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment