Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Simple Steps

Things in the area are going great! It is a good balance between teaching and finding, meaning that most of the time is focused on teaching!  Our members are really good at helping us to teach, and we are helping them find people who want to be taught! I am so glad that I am a missionary! I am glad when members are able to talk to their neighbor about the church, and help them to get to know the church more!  They are going to help him learn a lot more than he thinks he wants to! Just keep it up and follow the promptings you get! And don't be afraid to invite the missionaries and them!!!! ( The missionaries are great at being the weird ones! You can just blame them if the member gets a little upset, they shouldn't mind, they will just be transferred!)

One of the things that hit me this week in my studies and personal as well as companionship discussion, was that the gospel really is just a lot of simple steps! That was when I had the thought, why can't we do it then!? This is my conclusion: The simplest things can be the hardest to do. They seem like nothing, they are easy to forget, they are just so simple! Why is it that if we were asked to walk across the plains we would pack our wagons and go, but when we are told to read our Scriptures daily, or open our mouths (just as examples) can we not do it? The gospel is simple, it is easy, and that makes it really hard. It must become part of us, we have to always remember, and focus on what it is we want to be doing! I know that as we focus on the small and simple steps, the path to God becomes more manageable, it is simpler, and it just makes more sense! But when we decide that the small things are not worth it, that is when we get in trouble. I know this is true, and I know that we can get help when we need it! The path is long, but it is not hard. It all starts with faith! I know that this is the way, the only way. I know that every single person can make it. That is the goal! So, take a step!

I love being a missionary, I am glad that I am able to serve and to teach. I hope that the Spirit can bear testimony to every single one of you that reads this, that I know my Savior lives, I know that He loves me and wants me to succeed. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Christ. I know that this simplifies and enriches life. I know this is true, I have received my own witness! And I say these things in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen....

Have a great week, and take the step, it can be scary, but do it! It is worth it. I love being a missionary, I love my mission!

Love you all!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment