Monday, July 30, 2012

It is some of the most fun and hardest times.

Well, I am doing great! It sounds like everyone is keeping busy and having a lot of fun! I really don't understand how time is so crazy. I don't know where all of the time goes, and I have no idea what I am going to do to get it to slow down a little. It is great being here on a mission. It is some of the most fun and hardest times.

There is still a lot of nature here, though there is also still a lot of nature in Stockholm too, just not downtown, there are too many buildings for that! Though I am sure that it is better than many large cities in the states. Stockholm itself is built on a lot of little islands, and so there is a lot of water through and around the whole city. There is nature everywhere. You do not have to travel far in any direction to find forest. It is great! Sweden is just green! It rains often enough that all is green and healthy, but the rain comes and goes suddenly. It also, at least recently, has only rained at night! It is really nice.

Yeah, I am going to come home talking like the Swedish chef! ha ha, that guy is crazy! Though I love those clips! ha ha. I am glad that Elder Ouimette likes me.. ha ha, I might be a little crazy, but I try to be nice! I also try to teach him... so he learns and remembers the important things, hopefully he understands, I am not a perfect teacher! He is a lot of fun.

We are getting some great investigators now, and yes, they are still progressing. Not always as fast as we would hope, but at the speed which they feel the most comfortable! I think this time we can get the baptism stuff all down and organized, out of the way so everything works out the way it should! No stress, that is the goal for the next baptism!

Swedish... well, it is going great! I think last Thursday was the best day ever for that! I was complimented by three different Swedes for my Swedish! One we were talking to asked where we were from, I asked about my ''brytning'' and he said that he could tell I was Swedish, but not where I came from! I told him I was from the USA, and he didn't believe me! It was great. I feel like I am finally starting to get a hang of this Swedish stuff, and start sounding Swedish! So, it is good... though I still have those times when I have to slow down and think what I am going to say... though if I don't focus too hard, it usually comes easier! Do I really put Swedish words in my e-mails? Like what? I am really curious now... I can also promise that I will be mixing in Swedish when I get home. We do it all the time as missionaries!

I love being a missionary. I do notice that I have changed, but I do not know to what extent. I am not the same boy who entered the MTC, I am not the Greenie I was a year and a half ago, (almost!) and I am not the same person that I was even last transfer! I know that I have overcome some of my challenges, I know that others are still a challenge for me, and something that I still need to work on. The gospel is a gospel of progression and progress. I am not the end product. I am ''in progress'' as a person, a work of art in the making! That is not to say that what I am is not good, but that what I will soon become is even better! Diligence is one of the hardest attributes for me personally. It requires effort, constantly. I do good at times, but slip at others. I just hope that in the end - I progress! I love knowing that I am not alone in this process, I am not the only one shaping me! I receive strength and support from above. I know that I am not perfect, but I know that if I do my best every day, that one day, I may become perfect. I know my Savior lives. I know that He loves me. I love you all and hope that you all have a great week!

Love you!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment