Monday, March 5, 2012

Feels like Spring!

You are still getting snow? It feels like spring here! It has been sunny and warm, and we stopped wearing jackets over the suits! It was really nice, today was a lot cooler, but that hopefully is just temporary! It is funny that the year we leave Oregon gets a lot more snow!

Oh, today I got my hair cut by a lady in the ward, she did a great job! Then, we stopped by dressman and I found an awesome deal, two pair jeans for 200 kr, as well as slacks! I got some new jeans, and looking forward to some nice new slack for summer when we have no coats! (100kr a pair is really cheap! It is sick!!!!)

Things here in Sweden are great! Transfers will be happening next week, that will be exciting! I have no idea what is happening, but I know that I will have a new companion, if it is here or somewhere else, who knows? I will be excited to find out this Saturday!

It is crazy what the world is becoming! I can't understand how people can just shut their eyes! It is hard enough making it around with them open! I would think that life is scarier and harder to understand when your eyes are closed. This week I finished the Old Testament and began to read through the New Testament, and all of the teachings of the Savior. It is empowering to read of Him, after all the prophecies of the prophets... I just want to go out and set up my box on the corner, or get up on a roof and cry repentance, warn them what they are getting into! But I am not sure how well that would work. People might listen a little more... but I would just be a crazy guy. I know that I need to be more bold as a missionary. I need to tell people about the danger they are in! Plus, there is such a peace and security in knowing about everything! There is a way out of this crazy world, we live in it, but we don't have to be part of it. We live in a lost, confused world, but when we are not of the world, we will not be affected by the world. Christ warned his disciples to not fear anyone who can threaten physical death, but fear the spiritual and eternal death of sin. Time and this world has no power over our eternal existence! As we seek righteousness we will be blessed and well off for time and all eternity! That is our promise, is it not something we would want to have?

I love the gospel, it is simple and so beautiful! I am glad to be a member, to take part of the blessings. I love being a missionary and teaching these people! They don't know what they are missing! Let them know!

I love you too Mom! I love everyone else who reads this too! You are all awesome! Be strong, and never give up!

Love ya!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment