Monday, October 22, 2012

I think I got the first snow!

First, I think I got the first snow of the year.. we got some good snow this past Tuesday!  And, since then the temperatures have been decently low... this morning when I got up, I checked the thermometer... -5 degrees!  (This is in Celsius, of course!) Everything is starting to get really cold and freeze together!  I also heard that any time from now to February is the time at which the northern lights can be seen!  I am hoping to see those soon!   So, that was the most excitement of the week...

My week has been good... slower, interesting, and full of trying to find more people here in Luleå to teach.. So we have been doing some tracting! We were finally able to get a hold of an investigator last week (last Monday) and we got to teach him! It went really well, he was super kind, still very positive, and had questions about baptism and what will happen before that... he is ready, and we just need to help him get to church and just do it! We also got a referral to another city, and got in contact with the person... he was super nice, positive, full of questions, and wants to read in the Book of Mormon! We are hoping to actually go up there to visit him and some members that live there... but it has to be planned out well.... otherwise it could just be a huge waste of time! I am hoping that everything works out... it would be really cool to be able to see Kiruna before going home! Anyways, the work is moving, people are kind, and I am loving being here!

One very important principle in the gospel is to never give up! I know it is hard... I find myself time and time again making the same mistakes... but every time I get back up, and try again! Do better, work harder, change your perspective, your desires. As we align our lives with the life and teachings of Christ we will no longer have desires to do wrong, and we will become strong! I know that the atonement is there for us, that it is a path by which we return to our Father. I know the Church is true. I love the gospel and my Savior. I love being a missionary.

Have a great week and do one more thing to be a better missionary!
Love you all!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment