Monday, October 15, 2012

That is missionary work!

Still no flight plans!? I was talking to another Elder in my group and he already knows his! He has known for almost a month now! He says they were the ''projected'' plans, and not yet official, but I am pretty sure that they will be finalized soon if not already done! He knew where his stops were, times, everything! I should have been better friends with the Couple Missionaries in the office, and called them every now and then to chat! And now there is a new couple in the office I have not even met! I can't get anything from them! Well, I have some other friends... maybe they know something!

The press-conference, about the change in mission age, was really good! I saw that Saturday, it was after the morning session and after the ''world report''! we were just there still, and had to listen! I was super excited!  There truly is an up-swing in the work right now. There are more people prepared to hear, and more of the members are taking an active role in the missionary work! I am so glad that I get to be here to help out in the harvest and the distribution of the greatest fruit and ever!

A lot of what I had been studying recently was the idea and whole concept of conversion. I got a lot of the studies from the autobiography of Parley P. Pratt.  I was impressed by his complete devotion and focus on the work that he had. There was not ever anything that stopped him from the work. When he was needed, he went! When he was called, the Lord provided! I want to be like that. The most important work that we can be doing in this life is the work of the Lord. It is rewarding, and whether or not it makes sense, you will never truly be lacking in this life! All that is most desirable will be given, all that is vital, will be yours! That does not mean that all times are easy, it doesn't mean that there is no suffering, no hunger. But with faith, nothing but the will of God will be done, and when you die, you know that your work has been completed, and move on to the next step with confidence and Joy!

This past Sunday was a District Conference (Norrland is a district, not a stake). Elder Adler of the third quorum of the seventy and his wife were there. On Sunday, he said one thing that I thought was very interesting. He said that there is nowhere in the scriptures that the word fun comes up. We are not looking for fun in this life, fun will destroy you! I was startled by this, I like to have fun! But he clarified, we are to have Joy! Fun itself is destructive because it distracts us from all that is most important. The world teaches us to have fun. We are told that we are to have Joy. Joy is a true, virtuous, pure, and lasting happiness! Joy is being able to partake of the fruits of the tree of life, of being worthy to enter the presence of god! That is why we are here, and that is what we seek after! That is missionary work! I love this work! I love being here! I love serving others! I hope that you all have a great week, can find true joy, and become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. In this lies true joy.

Love you all!
Äldste Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment